Technology is our greatest weapon in the fight against injustice IF we use it right……
The only way to honor the memory and legacy of those we’ve lost is to keep fighting for change and apply relentless pressure until the systems of injustice in this country bend to the will of the people. The more letters, emails, and calls we send to our elected officials demanding change the more likely they will be to draft legislation that forces police accountability, prioritizes spending, invests in communities and saves lives.
Take 5 minutes from your day RIGHT NOW and contact your elected officials. It’s never been easier. Ask a friend to join you, and double your impact! Demand the change you want to see in your community!
Contact Your Elected Officials – Do it Weekly!
- Leverage technology to make contacting your local elected officials simple, easy and consistent. You can literally send hundreds of messages per week to lawmakers, effortlessly with these tools. Pick one and start NOW!
- ResistBot – Contact your representatives in under 2 minutes. Hi, I’m Resistbot! Text the word RESIST to me on iMessage, Messenger, Twitter, Telegram, or to 50409 on SMS* and read what I text you back. I’ll turn your texts into a letter, and deliver it to the elected officials you choose: from your state legislator to the President. https://resist.bot/guide
- Defund12.org – Email government officials and council members to reallocate egregious police budgets towards education, social services, and dismantling racial injustice via this crowd-sourced tool.
- Democracy.io – We make it possible for you to email your two senators and representative, through a single website. You submit one message—not three different messages on three different forms on three different websites.
- 5calls.org -5 Calls is the easiest and most effective way for citizens to make an impact in national and local politics. Calling members of Congress is the most effective way to have your voice heard. Calls are tallied by staffers and the count is given to your representatives, informing them how strongly their constituents feel about a current issue. The sooner you reach out, the more likely it is that your voice will influence their position.
This is the most important thing you can do to make change right from your phone!
If you don’t know what policy to push for, use any platform you like listed below and get to work contacting your lawmakers!
These pages have in depth policing reforms that you can use to assess your local precinct, and apply the political pressure necessary for change.
More ACTION STEPS on the Home Page